Within the Chief Data Office organization, we have an IBM Enterprise wide mission within our Data governance team to provide the ability to manage reference values that are required to be consistent and accurate across the board by the stewards of the data and to ensure data is distributed downstream automatically based on a release date. This is in support currently for the EPM initiative as well as the IBM Ste warship program that manages IBM data standards.
- capture hierarchies between data standards
- distribute data standards to downstream users/applications
- New values or changes to attributes of existing values should be date driven, with a status
- validation for new and changed values
- support download/upload of allowed values with their attributes
- define new standards with their own set of attributes
Nice to have
- workflow - allow for review/approval of changes/new values
- support specific data types such as ranges, tiers etc.